Town Clerk

Please click here for Melville Town Center Information 

Town Clerk Links
Contact Print

Marriage Licenses

Important Links

Marriage Officiants in Nassau and Suffolk Counties (PDF)
Getting Married in New York State
New York State Domestic Relations Law

The office is open for Marriage Licenses from 8:30a to 3:45p Monday through Friday.  The application process takes approximately 1/2 hour and you will be issued the license that day. Please allow additional wait time during lunch hours (12p - 2p).   

Please download and complete the Marriage License Worksheet in order to facilitate the process.

Below a list of required documentation to be furnished by all applicants who intend to apply for a marriage license from the Town of Huntington.

Photocopies/Pictures of any of the below documentation will NOT be accepted.

1) One of the following documents establishing Proof of Identity:
a. Driver’s License
b. Passport
c. Non-Driver ID
d. Military ID

2) One of the following documents establishing Proof of Age:
a. Original or certified copy of Birth Certificate issued by a state or local registrar’s office with an official seal
b. Original or certified copy of Baptismal or other religious record
c. Naturalization Record

ADDITIONAL Requirements if Previously Married:

Applicants who were married previously must also provide proof of how ALL prior marriages ended. The following is a list of acceptable documentation:
- Original or certified copy of a Judgment of Divorce with an official seal
- Original or certified copy of a Certificate of Death with an official seal

Foreign Documentation:
If you are submitting documentary proof that is written in a language other than English or Spanish, it must be accompanied by written certified translation on which appears the notarized signature of the translator

Application Fee (All Applicants):
Application Fee of $40. Payment can be made in cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. If paying by credit/debit card, an additional $2.50 convenience fee will be charged by the company which processes the transaction.