SHELLFISH PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
- Current New York State Diggers Permit (DEC Marine Division, E. Setauket, NY (631) 444-0470).
- Completed notarized application and Fee: $400 Regular; $50-Seniors (age 65+) & Juniors (<18).
- Two (2) RECENT passport size (head/shoulders) photographs.
- To show proof of residency: current valid New York State Driver License or Non-Driver ID; copies of utility bills for 6 mos.
- Current valid New York State Vehicle Registration (if applicable).
- Current valid Boat Registration/s.
- If you are submitting a renewal application, please submit your current TOH Shellfish Permit.
PERSONAL AND SENIOR PERSONAL
- Completed application (does NOT have to be notarized).
- To show proof of residency: current valid New York State Driver License or Non-Driver ID
- Appropriate fee (Personal $5; Senior Personal (60 or older, No Fee).
- Parental consent. Individuals less than 18 years of age applying for personal, commercial or junior commercial taker’s permit shall make application in the presence of a parent or guardian attesting to their consent by signing the application form.”
BUYER’S AND BUYER’S HELPER/S (Jan 1 – Dec 31)
- Completed notarized application with appropriate Fee (Buyer $500; Helper $100).
- Current valid New York State Driver License.
- Two (2) RECENT passport size (head and shoulders) photographs.
- Buyer’s Shipper’s Permit.
- Buyer’s current valid Vehicle Registration/s.
* Chapter 166 Shellfish Management has been modified Effective January 1, 2015.
Note: A penalty of twenty dollars ($20.00) shall be charged to the maker of a check returned for insufficient funds.