Town Clerk

Please click here for Melville Town Center Information 

Town Clerk Links
Contact Print

To Request Transcripts of Live Births

To submit your request online click here Request My Birth Certificate   

Download copy of Birth Transcript Request Form (PDF)

Request My Pre-Adoption Certificate (PAC)

A certified transcript of a certificate of live birth may only be released upon the request of the: Individual Named on the Certificate, a Parent, Legal Guardian or by Court Order. 

Huntington Registrar Andrew Raia has on record only those births that occurred within the:

• Town of Huntington (Unincorporated Areas)
• Villages of Asharoken, Huntington Bay and Lloyd Harbor 

Requests for births that occurred in the Village of Northport should be directed to the Northport Village Clerk at (631) 261-7502. 

Your written request should be addressed to Andrew P. Raia, Town Clerk/Registrar, Town of Huntington, 100 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743 and should include: 

• The Full Name of the Person at Birth
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Father’s Full Name
• Mother’s Full Name (maiden surname)
• The purpose for which the record is required
• Your relationship to the person on the record requested
• Return Address and Telephone Number
• Please include a photocopy of your current Driver License or other Acceptable Identification

There is a $10 (ten dollar) fee for each certified copy produced on safety paper with a raised seal. ATM/Debit cards are accepted over the counter. (Please note that users of an ATM/Debit cards incur an additional $2.50 convenience fee payable to the processor, VitalChek Network – not the Town.  Credit cards are accepted for an additional $2.50 up to $62.50; for credit card  transactions above $62.50 the fee is 4% of the transaction fee.  The processor fee will appear on your monthly bank statement.) A penalty of twenty dollars ($20.00) shall be charged to the maker of a check returned for insufficient funds.
  • Some examples of purpose for which Birth Record is Required: Passport, Social Security-Retirement, Social Security-SSI, Retirement, Employment, Driver License/Learner Permit, Welfare Assistance, Veteran’s Benefits, Court Proceeding, Entrance into Armed Forces.
  • Types of Acceptable Identification: Driver’s License, Non-driver’s ID, Passport, Naturalization Papers, Military ID, Police report of Lost or Stolen ID. Married women must provide documentation linking maiden name surname to married name. 
Telephone Requests: Requests over the telephone may be made using a Credit card. There is an additional $7 (seven dollar) processing fee for this service, which is charged by the VitalChek Network, the official government approved service provider.

 Internet Requests: You may also submit your request through the VitalChek Network at VitalChek Network using a credit card. Please have supported documentation available to scan along with your request.

For information on how to request a Pre-Adoption Birth Certificate (PAC) please click here:   PAC

If you have further questions please contact Town Clerk Andrew Raia's office at (631) 351-3206.