Asharoken Beach, Eaton's Neck Road, Northport
Centerport Beach, Little Neck Road, Centerport
Frank P. Petrone/Crab Meadow Beach*, Waterside Road, Northport
Crescent Beach, Crescent Beach Drive, Huntington Bay
Fleets Cove Beach, Fleets Cove Road, Centerport
Gold Star Battalion Beach, West Shore Road, Huntington
Hobart Beach, Birmingham Drive, Eaton's Neck
(Info on Seasonal Closure of Bird Preserve)
Quentin Sammis/West Neck Beach, West Neck Road, Lloyd Harbor
Geissler’s Beach, (fishing only), Makamah Rd., Northport
(Main Beach Office – 631-261-7574)
*Crab Meadow Beach features a restaurant and snack bar: La Casa Cafe (631) 757-7720
Contact the Main Beach Office located at Frank P. Petrone Crab Meadow Beach at (631) 261-7574 seven days a week from 9am thru 3pm from Memorial Day Weekend until Labor Day to inquire if the eight (8) Town beaches are open or closed for bathing as per the Suffolk County Department of Health Services.
You may also contact the Suffolk County Bathing Beach Water Quality Hotline for beach closings throughout Suffolk County at (631) 852-5822.
SEASONAL BEACH PERMITS
Permits are not transferable and not replaceable. Does not imply reserved parking.
Resident Seasonal Beach Permit: $40/season. Beach permit
available to residents only. Permits available at beaches
starting May 27, 2023. Vehicle registration and driver’s license
required. Permit must be affixed by the attendant to the vehicle.
Maritime Services and Parks & Recreation manage and operate five (5) town ramps:
- Asharoken Beach Ramp (Eaton's Neck Road, Northport)
- Cold Spring Harbor Ramp/Billy Joel Park (Route 25A, Cold Spring Harbor)
- Hobart Beach Ramp (Eaton's Neck Road, Eaton's Neck)
- Mill Dam Ramp (Mill Dam Road, Huntington)
- Soundview Ramp (Northport Power Station, Eaton's Neck Road, Northport)
Resident use of Town boat ramp requires the purchase a seasonal Boat Ramp Permit and a seasonal Beach Parking Permit. Vessel permit must be affixed to each vessel by ramp attendant. A Beach Parking Permit must be affixed to the vehicle/trailer by attendant. Permits are Non-Transferable. Permits are available at the ramps beginning May 25. Proof of residency including a valid NYS Driver's License and NYS Boat Registration or Federal boat documentation card are required.
| Seasonal Resident Beach Parking Permit (Vehicle)
| Seasonal Resident Boat Ramp Permit (Vessel)
| Non-Resident fee per Launch (all ramps except Soundview)
| Resident Commercial Ramp Usage*
| Resident Commercial Hauler (Additional Vehicle)*
*Payable at Huntington Harbormaster’s Office, 53 North New York Avenue, Halesite, NY 11743.
Senior Citizen Seasonal Beach Permit: FREE beach permit available to senior residents, 60 years of age or older. Vehicle registration and driver's license required. Must be affixed by the attendant to the vehicle. Available starting May 27, 2023 only at:
- Centerport Beach
- Frank P. Petrone / Crab Meadow Beach
- Quentin Sammis / West Neck Beach
FIREFIGHTER / RESCUE BEACH PERMITS
Click Here for Firefighter/Rescue Beach Permit
DAILY BEACH PERMITS
Daily beach permits will be available for sale starting May 27, 2023:
- Resident: $30/day per vehicle with identification
Non-Resident: $50/day per vehicle (TOWN TO LIMIT BEACH ACCESS TO RESIDENTS ONLY FOR THE 2023 SEASON)
Daily permits are sold at all beaches (exceptions apply)
- All buses visiting any
of the beaches must have a permit issued by the Parks and
- May 27, 2023 - September 4, 2023
TIME: 8:00am – 8:00pm, seven days/week
Lifeguard protection except Crescent Beach:
7 days/week, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Crescent Beach Lifeguard Protection:
DATES: May 27, 2023 - June 23, 2023 weekends and holidays and after June 24, 2023 daily
TIME: 10:00am – 6:00pm
REPLACEMENT BEACH STICKERS
Returned leased vehicle:
Before returning your vehicle, please remove the sticker from the vehicle and place the pieces in a safe place. Bring your new vehicle with the same license plate and the original sticker (pieces) to Crab Meadow Beach between the hours of 9am and 3pm and they will issue you a replacement.
Long term vehicle repairs or accident must have the following:
• Letter from mechanic stating the vehicle is currently in their possession, anticipated time of completion, and identifying the vehicle by make, model, and license plate
• Photo of the sticker on the vehicle
• Information for temporary vehicle
Night Fishing (Frank P. Petrone/Crab Meadow Beach Only)
Frank P. Petrone/Crab Meadow Beach Access
NIGHT FISHING PARKING PERMIT: April 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023
- Access Night Fishing Parking Permit: Town of Huntington Residency required. Forty (40) permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
If required, a waiting list will be established in the event a permit is revoked or surrendered. For further information contact Nancy O'Brien@ (631) 351-3103.
Eligibility: Residents 18 years and above.
- The following information is required:
- New York State Driver’s License,
- New York State Motor Vehicle Registration,
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Recreation Marine Fishing Registry