Christmas Tree Sales Permit*
*Per Huntington Town Code, Chapter 150, Christmas Trees
Christmas Tree Sales Permit Application (PDF)
Requirements for Christmas Tree Permits
- Application – three (3) copies (separate application in triplicate is required for each location).
- The applicant shall provide a lease and/or deed and/or other such proof of permission of the owner of the property on which the sales are to occur. (Sales on or within the right of way of any roadway shall require proof of permission of the governmental agency having jurisdiction of such roadway).
- Description of Property on which the sales are to occur.
- $300 Permit Fee (Not-for-Profit organizations are exempt from fee per Section 150 of Town Code).
- $500 Cash Bond (To be returned to the applicant within 10 days of the expiration date of the permit. To release bond the applicant must provide dated photos of the site and receipt for disposal of goods). See Chapter 150-5G.
- $100,000 General Liability Insurance Policy naming the Town of Huntington as an additional insured.
Please submit your completed application to the Town Clerk at least ten (10) business days prior to November 15th.
• Permits cannot be issued within 1,500 feet of an established nursery.
• Permits cannot be issued within 200 ft. of NYS Route 25A.
• Permits cannot be issued in residential zoned districts.
• Permits must be posted conspicuously and protected from the elements.
• Permits are not transferable.