To Request Transcripts of Live Births
To submit your request online click here : Request My Birth Certificate
Download copy of Birth Transcript Request Form (PDF)
Request My Pre-Adoption Certificate (PAC)
A certified transcript of a certificate of live birth may only be released upon the request of the: Individual Named on the Certificate, a Parent, Legal Guardian or by Court Order.
Huntington Registrar Andrew Raia has on record only those births that occurred within the:
• Town of Huntington (Unincorporated Areas)
• Villages of Asharoken, Huntington Bay and Lloyd Harbor
Requests for births that occurred in the Village of Northport should be directed to the Northport Village Clerk at (631) 261-7502.
Your written request should be addressed to Andrew P. Raia, Town Clerk/Registrar, Town of Huntington, 100 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743 and should include:
• The Full Name of the Person at Birth
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Father’s Full Name
• Mother’s Full Name (maiden surname)
• The purpose for which the record is required
• Your relationship to the person on the record requested
• Return Address and Telephone Number
• Please include a photocopy of your current Driver License or other Acceptable Identification
There is a $10 (ten dollar) fee for each certified copy produced on safety paper with a raised seal. Effective April 2007, cash payments over $25 (twenty-five dollars) are no longer accepted in most Town offices. Transactions over this amount must be paid for by money order or a bank check. ATM/Debit cards (Maestro, pulsePAY, NYCE, STAR, AFFN ACCEL, MONEYSTATION) are accepted over the counter. (Please note that users of an ATM/Debit cards incur an additional $2.50 convenience fee payable to the processor VitalChek Network – not the Town. Credit cards are accepted for an additional $2.50 up to $62.50; for credit card transactions above $62.50 the fee is 4% of the transaction fee. The processor fee will appear on your monthly bank statement.)
Telephone Requests: Requests over the telephone may be made using a Credit card in your name only. There is an additional $7 (seven dollar) processing fee for this service, which is charged by the VitalChek Network, the official government approved service provider.
- Some examples of purpose for which Birth Record is Required: Passport, Social Security-Retirement, Social Security-SSI, Retirement, Employment, Driver License/Learner Permit, Welfare Assistance, Veteran’s Benefits, Court Proceeding, Entrance into Armed Forces.
- Types of Acceptable Identification: Driver’s License, Non-driver’s ID, Passport, Naturalization Papers, Military ID, Police report of Lost or Stolen ID. Married women must provide documentation linking maiden name surname to married name.
Internet Requests: You may also submit your request through the VitalChek Network at VitalChek Network using a credit card. Please have supported documentation available to scan along with your request.
For information on how to request a Pre-Adoption Birth Certificate (PAC) please click here: PAC
If you have further questions please contact Town Clerk Andrew Raia's office at (631) 351-3206.