Town Using Former Bank Property, Site of Future Town Parking Lot
– The Town of Huntington will open a drive-through tax payment location
at 295 New York Avenue in Huntington village starting on Monday, May
11 as an alternative for those who are unable to use primary payment
methods (mail, drop-off at the black “Tax Payments Only” mailbox at Town
Hall, phone using Official Payments, or online), which continue to be
available for residents who want to avoid potentially
long lines at the single-window drive-through location.
to the COVID 19 Crisis, it is critical that we comply with social
distancing guidelines to safeguard the health of our residents and
drive through allows us to provide a safe in person option for those
residents who are unable to pay otherwise,” said Receiver of Taxes
was the perfect location due to the existing bank drive-through and we
were fortunate enough to already own the property but we are urging
who can pay by mail, phone or online to do so in order to avoid long
lines at the drive-through,” said Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci. “Our
talented Town Hall staff have been coordinating the logistics of this
project for about a month; we are lucky we had this
location at our disposal because it is allowing us to make the process
easier and safer for residents who usually come to Town Hall to pay
their taxes and for the employees processing those payments.”
Primary Payment Options
While Huntington Town Hall remains closed to the public, taxpayers are encouraged to use these
primary payment methods for safety and to avoid potentially long lines at the drive-through location:
- Payment by Mail:
We always accept payments through the mail and go by the US post mark
to determine payment timeliness. Mail payments to: Jillian Guthman,
Receiver of Taxes, 100 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743-6990
- Pay Online at http://www.huntingtonny.gov/taxpayment
(Official Payments, the payment processing vendor, charges a convenience fee for credit card and e-check payments)
- Pay by Phone: 1-800-272-9829 (use Jurisdiction Code 2012) with Official Payments.
- Drop Off at Town Hall: Residents may continue to utilize the black mailbox to right of the main entrance to Town Hall labeled “Tax Payments Only” to drop
off tax payments. Do not leave cash in the box.
Taxpayers with questions may call (631) 351-3217 or email JGuthman@HuntingtonNY.gov.
Drive-Through Payment Alternative
Payments may be made at a single-window drive-through starting on Monday, May 11, 2020 at 295
New York Avenue, Huntington (corner of New York Avenue and Gerard Street):
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, (closed Memorial Day, Monday, May 25) ending June 1st for general collection; ending June 5th
seniors who have the Senior Low Income Exemption and/or Enhanced STAR as
a direct offset on their tax statement (seniors who receive Enhanced
Star as a check do not have the additional time).
- Credit card payments will not be processed at the window; Discover Card payments may be dropped off for processing later.
- The drive-through will solely serve as a payment window, not a place to present questions or to inquire about property tax grievances or exemptions,
in order to keep the line moving and enable efficiency.
- Vehicles only, no foot traffic allowed.
- Must enter using the New York Avenue entrance; no left turns into the parking lot allowed (must enter from southbound New York Avenue traffic).
- Parking Restrictions:
There will be No Parking along the west side of New York Avenue from
Gerard Street to Union Place Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:30
PM; Municipal Parking Lot 49, located adjacent to the north of the 295
New York Avenue property, will be closed to parking from May 9 through