Human Services Department
The mission of the Department and its divisions is to administer, develop, manage, coordinate and deliver the Town’s “Human Services” programs in an effort to meet the needs of area residents. Through its various divisions, Human Services offers programs, information, support and advocacy for senior citizens, veterans, minorities, persons with disabilities and women.
- Senior Citizens provides a range of programs that help seniors remain active, engaged and independent, including Nutrition Services, Adult Day Care, In-Home Services, Residential Repair, Caregiver Respite and Recreational Classes.
- Handicapped Services accepts program applications for: handicapped beach stickers for persons under the age of 60 and snow berm removal. “Red Dot” medical alert car stickers are available upon request. The division responds to ADA complaints, and manages the summer employment program.
- Women’s Services coordinates the Huntington Women’s Advisory Council, with a focus on employment, education, health and family and provides a link to programs and services.
- Veterans' Affairs provides assistance and coordinates projects of Huntington’s Veterans Advisory Board, an umbrella group representing all local veterans' organizations.
- Minority Affairs provides outreach to minority communities to keep residents informed of Town services, programs, employment opportunities and events.
- Huntington Human Services Institute the charitable arm of the department through which the Town partners with social service agencies to meet the needs of local residents.
100 Main Street, Room 207
Huntington, New York 11743
Phone: (631) 351-3058
Fax: (631) 425-0746