Hello Huntington! This is Supervisor Chad Lupinacci with an update on storm-affected trash collection and other Town services.
It’s dangerous out there with heavy snow, ice and many car accidents on the roads.
- We have multiple Town of Huntington departments assisting Highway with snow removal.
- Stay off the streets and move vehicles onto your property or into our municipal lots so that snow plows and emergency vehicles can get through.
If you are shoveling and using snow blowers today and this evening:
- Be aware that plows and trucks that may not be able to see you in the dark.
- Offer to assist elderly neighbors or neighbors with disabilities with snow removal if you can.
Tree limbs may fall due to the heavy snow.
- Report downed trees, branches or other road hazards to Highway at 631-499-0444 or HuntingtonNY.gov/highway
- Report power outages and downed wires to PSEG Long Island at 800-490-0075
The status of the following Town services can also be found at HuntingtonNY.gov:
- Residential trash collection is cancelled for Friday and Thursday’s trash collection ended at 1:30pm due to hazardous road conditions – please remove trash from the curbside until your next collection date so that snow plows can get through.
- Municipal refuse collection in Huntington Village and Huntington Station is still on for tonight and for Friday.
- The status of HART bus and other affected Town Services for Friday will be determined by 6:00 AM Friday morning, or as conditions dictate.
If you prefer to receive these messages by text, you can text the code word HuntingtonNY to 99411 or manage your preferences at HuntingtonNY.gov/alert
Stay home, stay warm and be safe.